A Lesson From TAE 2018

I can’t believe it’s over.

Earlier this week, I wrapped up the Transformational Author Experience.

I celebrated with a full day photo shoot in New York City for some new pics for my website.  I even shot a video from Times Square.

My husband was with me and made a great director and cameraman.   (His acting background makes him a great on camera coach.)

Anyway, the video was a message I sent to all the attendees of Season Seven of the Transformational Author Experience.

Seven seasons.  It’s hard to believe it’s been that long.

Here are a few quick thoughts I’d like to share with you about my journey to TAE 2018.

First, I’m grateful I took TAE out of retirement.  I hadn’t hosted it since 2015 for a number of reasons.

I almost didn’t again… but I followed an “intuitive nudge” and boy, I’m so glad I did.

I would say this year’s line-up of speakers was the best I’ve ever had.

Now —

One of the biggest reasons why I was reluctant to host TAE again (and didn’t do it the past few years) was…

Running an event of this caliber take more time, energy and money than you can imagine.  And it pulls my energy and the energy of my entire team away from any other projects for a good three months.

Why?

Because TAE isn’t a run-of-the-mill summit.  There are a million details to track, nearly a dozen team members to manage, and enough project management to make your head spin.  And, some very long day – and nights – for me.  (Which I don’t enjoy.)

It can be feel exhausting, chaotic and stressful at times.

But you know what?

This year felt easier. In fact, it was the easi-est out of all previous years.

It felt effortless, joyful and truly guided by grace.

Now, it could be because I started hosting virtual events like this in 2006… and I’ve got a ton of  experience under my belt…

But I think it was something else.

I think it was the intention behind it.

You see, the very first TAE I ever ran in 2011 was created in a frenzy.

I was going through the final weeks of bankruptcy, and on the verge of homelessness as my house was being foreclosed on.

I didn’t know where we were going to live, or how I’d support my family.  My husband had been a stay at home dad since 2005 and I was the breadwinner.

I felt desperate for something to turn around my business and my family’s life… I was on my knees, begging, crying, and bargaining with God to show me what to do.

It was in that place that TAE showed up as the thing to do.

So I went for it full steam ahead and in 90 days had the first 10,000 people registered for TAE 2011.

It was fast, and it was furious from that very first one.

And this pace continued until I retired TAE in 2015.  It was pedal to the metal for more about five years.

And it broke me.

I was nearly un-functionable.

I had finally hit a revenue milestone of more than 7-figures in a year… but I was burnt out, tired, depleted and drained. Everything felt like work.

I’m writing you this because I want you to understand what can happen to entrepreneurs… what it can end up like sometimes.

People make such huge promises of fast growth. Making money fast. Impacting the world fast. Writing your book fast.   Building your platform fast.

And fast is nice. Nobody wants to wait around for success to forever….

But fast can also break you, and compromise every aspect of your life.

Here’s the thing though…

If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t change a thing.

That challenging experience helped me grow and evolve in ways I never imagined.    I’m a different person now than I was a few years ago.

My business and life used to feel stressful, out of balance, and haphazard.  I couldn’t slow down, I felt like I just had to keep going.  But not anymore.

Now my life really works.

I have a great marriage, feel good about how we’re raising our teenage daughter, enjoy time for date nights, family outings, vacations, meditation, yoga, massages, gardening and preparing home cooked meals nearly every night.

And… I love the work I get to do and the people I’m blessed to do it with.

So if I had to go through that rough patch for a few years to get to where I am now, then every minute of it was worth it.

That’s why I invited Kristine Carlson from the “Don’t Sweat” book phenomenon to speak on how to not sweat the small stuff during your launch… and keep yourself sane as you get everything done. She was brilliant!

Anyway —

Coming full circle back to what I said about TAE Season 7.

It was easier.

And it was easier because… this time I created it from joy, desire and excitement.

I was not standing on the brink of losing everything.

The past few years I’ve done a lot of S-Quadrant work and I felt fueled, full and ready to bring TAE back to life with renewed energy and passion.

And while there were still some very long days and tired nights…

Overall it was the most easy and graceful online event I’ve ever produced and I can’t wait to do it again.  (I’m already planning for TAE 2019.)

So now I want to hear from you…

In the comments below, tell me what resonates with you about what I shared here.

Have you been firing on all cylinders?  Feeling a little stressed out or burned out?

Or are you on the other side of an experience like that and stronger for it?

I’d love to hear from you.

2018-07-06T19:18:14+00:00 By |Latest Articles|

About the Author:

Since 2004, Christine Kloser has trained nearly 70,000 entrepreneurs, leaders and authors to write their transformational books through her popular programs, Get Your Book Done®, the Transformational Author Experience®, Breakthrough LIVE, and the My Time to Write® mentorship program. She is well recognized as the leader of the transformational author movement, and is gifted at helping her clients feel seen, heard, valued and understood in ways that transform their lives, books and businesses. Her passion is to help people liberate their message - so they can BE who they were born to be, and DO what they are here to do! Many of her clients have gone on to become best-selling authors, sign traditional publishing contracts, speak around the world, and appear in major media including: CNBC, CBS, Time, Business Week, CNN, ABC, New York Times, and TEDx.

50 Comments

1. Ellen Monsees July 6, 2018 at 8:28 pm - Reply

Christine, what you’ve written resonates with me because of the journey I’ve been on since my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly in 2008. I went through six years of dark, painful days and nights — but came out the other side with purpose, joy, and faith. It burnished me; I have a passage in my forthcoming book that talks about grief coming in waves, and my realization, finally, that I was the piece of sea glass being tumbled and polished until I emerged smooth and shiny and beautiful. While I can’t say I wouldn’t trade it — because I would, if my husband could still be here with me — I can say that I am grateful for the lessons and the experience, and the mission I have found to help others go from loss to recovery, from darkness to joy. Thank you, Christine, for your light, your love, your wisdom, your guidance, and your belief in yourself. I couldn’t have found a better mentor! Love you. xo

• Christine Kloser July 6, 2018 at 8:40 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for sharing how you resonate with this Ellen. and your kind words about my mentoring. It’s such a joy to work with you. You sure did emerge smooth, shiny and beautiful my dear. I love you too and I can’t wait to see you on retreat in two weeks.

2. Randi Roberts July 6, 2018 at 9:25 pm - Reply

Christine, You are such a guiding light to so many of us in so many ways. Sharing so openly some of your most painful times and seeing how you’ve persevered and enabled transformation for so many (all of us touched by you, and all of our readers!) is a gift you give us all. Thanks for posting this message. It is a reminder that the tough times are the fire that purifies if we embrace them that way. And thank you for TAE- what an amazing experience. My world is richer for having you in it. Sending love.

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:32 pm - Reply

Than you so much Randi for your comment and kind words. I had a feeling you would love TAE and I’m glad to hear it was an amazing experience for you. Love to you too… talk soon.

3. Kay Loughrey July 6, 2018 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing your inside story Christine. I can so relate to the feelings of feeling tired, depleted, and drained from giving, giving, giving and so happy to hear that you found a way to be in your business and create from joy and excitement. If still feel the joy when working with clients and things are clicking and I have regained some balance by taking weekends off. But it would be my dream to be feel energized, excited, and successful in my business again so I can live my purpose without it taking over my life. Thank you for showing that this can be done!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:29 pm - Reply

It’s a true pleasure Kay. You’re so welcome. Thank you for your comment and I believe in your dream of feeling energized, excited and successful in your business again as you live your purpose AND enjoy your life!

4. Arlie Richards July 6, 2018 at 10:11 pm - Reply

I am so grateful for all your work putting this seminar together. I don’t know how it came into my email box, but I’m so grateful that it did. Every speaker, and I mean every speaker, spoke to something in my life that needed tweaking, encouragement or just a push through another door of discovery of what lies ahead in my life. I may not be ready yet to put a book out there, but the things I learned are going to fast-track me to where I want to be and what I want to be doing with it. I’ve discovered my identity – I’m a Transformational Writer! I now know where I fit as a genre!! The information about the Internet so timely and will help me get a better grip on this technology (I’m almost 75) and I’m looking forward to where life is taking me next into the next third of my life! Many thinks for your perseverance and devoted love to what you do and for coming back to do it again and again! Thank you, thank you and thank you again!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm - Reply

You are so welcome Arlie! I’m glad you’re here and that TAE is helping to fast-track you to where you want to be. Here’s to a magnificent next third of your life.

5. Diane Henderson, MSW, LCSW July 6, 2018 at 11:20 pm - Reply

Christine, thank you for bringing out TAE again. I resonated with your story as I, too, have been through financial difficulties trying to find myself and my niche in this universe. I started off as a psychotherapist, and then veered off into the speaking arena. I didn’t succeed at that, not because I wasn’t a good speaker, but I just couldn’t figure out the marketing piece. I was then led to life coaching which worked for a while, but again, the marketing piece defeated me. I have now come full circle back to psychotherapy, but this time it is different. This time it is fulfilling, and easy. I suspect it is because I am at a more peaceful place in my life. I also resonated with you personally. I felt a spiritual connection to you almost instantly. I was told by a physic in 2,000 that I would write an important book that therapists would use as a reference as well as the general public. The book has been gestating for 18 years and YOU have motivated me to get it birthed by giving me structure and time limits. So, thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Awesome Diane! I am touched by your story of coming full circle… returning to the “same thing” as I did with TAE but it being NEW again because of where YOU are. Love it! And so happy to hear that the book that’s been gestating for 18 years is going to get birthed. Grateful you are feeling connected and getting what you need to move forward.

6. Beth Ellen Nash July 6, 2018 at 11:43 pm - Reply

So glad to hear you are now in that place of balance and joy in your business. And grateful I connected with you in the 2015 TAE. Sold another $400 of my book on Amazon and Kindle this past month over a year after my bestseller launch. Kind of fun seeing the deposits come in at the end of the month from a few different countries around the world. My Dyslexia Outside-the-Box book is a tool that helps me connect to potential clients for Wings to Soar Online Academy. The copies of my book I’ve given to key networking contacts as I speak and exhibit at homeschool conventions around the country will likely be far more valuable in the long run than the copies I sell though. I’m grateful your company was able to help me get my book out into the world in such a quality fashion.

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:24 pm - Reply

I, too, am so grateful we connected in 2015. It’s been a joy to witness your amazing transformation as a woman, business owner and author. And how fun to hear about all the books sales and royalties you’re receiving. Your book is such a valuable resource… awesome that it’s getting out to those who need it!

7. Terri Rainier July 6, 2018 at 11:52 pm - Reply

Christine, thank you for sharing your story! I resonate with the joy, ease and grace with accomplishing seemingly overwhelming projects. Life is much easier since I allowed myself to receive assistance from the Divine Realm. I used to control everything and push to get things done. When my dad died suddenly in 2015, I returned home from Singapore to care for my mom with Alzheimer’s. I gave up my life and my career there because of a strong intuitive calling. While not knowing how I was going to support myself, it all worked out magically. I was paid to be her caregiver and received many beautiful moments with mom. Alzheimer’s has taught me so much around letting go of control and entering the present moment. Other gifts dropped in by being more present. I started channeling Divine Realm messages and speaking with angels and spirits. I feel so blessed for following my intuition to come home for mom. It’s led to more peace, joy and abundance in all areas of my life. Now I coach others to slow down, be more present, and follow Inner Guidance for their better life.
    Thank you for a spectacular 2017 TAE event! Looking forward to getting my book completed with the help of your program!!!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:23 pm - Reply

Intuition is such a blessing and grateful to hear of the journey it lead you on as you returned home from Singapore. I’m super excited to work with you and grateful you were here for TAE!

8. Judith Bobbitt July 7, 2018 at 12:15 am - Reply

Dear Christine, There are no words to adequately tell you how deeply touched and enriched I am because of the amazing group you pulled together. I am so grateful that I am at the Diamond level so I can revisit someTAE talks I was unable to catch.The last month has been extremely difficult as my husband’s health and energy level has taken a major nose dive. He is concerned as well. The fragile voice and extreme weakness is new in our journey and additional doctors have come on board. It has knocked me out of my writing routine. Yet in the midst of that came TAE and the blessings, inspirations showered me with renewed hope.My soul sister has been extremely weak and in the hospital and we came close to losing her. She is recovering but still so weak we can’t talk on the phone. I share this because the energy, mentoring you and your team put into us and the gift of Tae continues to lift me up, give me the inspirations to write-write -write. and as one dear friend said just get -er done. Thanks to you, your team and the gift of TAE I will. Judith Bobbitt

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:22 pm - Reply

I’m sorry to hear about your husband Judith, and your friend as well. And grateful that TAE helped you find inspiration and boost you up during this time. I’ll miss seeing you at the My Time to Retreat in a few weeks, but you’ll be with us all in spirit!

9. Laura Abernathy July 7, 2018 at 12:35 am - Reply

Great sharing, Christine! I’m on the other side of the lesson. I know how much more valuable my free time is than a huge income.

10. Christine Bernard July 7, 2018 at 3:11 am - Reply

Christine , thank you for sharing . I am personally at the struggling burnt out phase and am glad to know you had that time also and came out winning !

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:20 pm - Reply

Sending you big hugs Christine as you move through this time. Yes, it’s been a journey but as you know from working with me in My Time to Write… I made it out the other side and love my work an dmy life now.

11. Magdalini Agrafioti July 7, 2018 at 6:24 am - Reply

Thank you Christine for sharing your vulnerable side. I like what you wrote about the downside of promises for fast results. I have been listening to the TAE summit every day. I did not register precisely because, at this point of my life, that would mean pressure for me. But I welcome your emails. I am sure I will be one of your winners in the 2019 summit as I am putting an idea for a book,
    Enjoy your time out!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:20 pm - Reply

You’re welcome Magdalini! I look forward to seeing your proposal in 2019.

12. Najmunnisa Abdul Kader July 7, 2018 at 6:53 am - Reply

Christine your message resonates with me coz it’s been 3 years since I left my cushy Teaching career which I slogged for 18 years.

I left thinking that the parachute will appear as I take the leap. I have been freelancing in Writing and authored self published my books.

Due to a lack of funds I could not move forward much in my second career yet. I’m still freelancing in my writing and wish so much to push myself forward.

I love your heartfelt sharing saying you restarted TAE from the intention of Joy and passion.

I wish to facilitate a major event like yours someday. May the Universe grant me the resources and the intention of joy to see thru my deepest wishes.

Thank you for your heartfelt sharing…

All my love
    Najmunnisa Abdul Kader
    🌟Women’s Voice Catalyst & Book Coach
    Singapore

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:18 pm - Reply

Yes, Najmunisa! I love your intention stated here. Powerfully said.. and I see it being fulfilled.

13. Gabriele July 7, 2018 at 7:42 am - Reply

3 days ago I had a dream that gave me a similar experience. I had little success in the last years – only with pro bono work. Money was always from hand to mouth, tense, a permanent stretch But I feel an intense gentle happiness inspite of all the resistance I had to overcome, inspite of the lack of success in the material world, inspite of not having a partner, regular income, possessions. And I learned a lot on this way. Nobody can take away this feeling, this heard-earned knowledge and my spiritual gains, my purse in heaven.
    I am a pilgrim, I learned on my ways to enjoy light baggage. Sweat, dust and thirst are part of the journey, which cleans from the unnecesary. The way is the goal and what you collect walking it is yours to keep. I will go on slowly with this and did not join, as I am not writing an English book and it’s about an European experience.
    Thank you Christine for your tremendous work!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:17 pm - Reply

You’re very welcome Gabriele! Keep going and enjoy the writing journey.

14. Safiya July 7, 2018 at 9:30 am - Reply

I’m so pleased you did it again and this was my first time watching it, coinciding with finishing the first draft of my first book. I understand the feelings – I feel burnt out from my day job and was recovering from a fractured ankle and in the midst of that I wrote the book. Now comes the part that scares me the most – publishing, marketing, selling! In truth these are the things that make me not want to be an author at all, since I love writing so much! Someone asked me a few days ago if I wrote the book for myself to keep on my computer or if I thought others would benefit and I had to say that I really thought others would benefit from it. Sometimes your desire to do something great that you know others will benefit from is the thing that can give you the energy to bring it alive and I am glad you chose to do that with the TAE. I’ll look out for it next year, hopefully with one published book under my belt!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Woo hoo! I sure hope you’re back next year Safiya with a published book under your belt!

15. Jean Baptiste Rufatabahizi July 7, 2018 at 11:05 am - Reply

Wonderful Christine,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience. I am very delighted to know that God blessed you with a wonderful marriage. God bless you, God bless your wonderful husband and your wonderful daughter, every day!

What you went through before enjoying the success was preparing you to be a BLESSING to fellow writers and readers. You knelt down and God intervened in your favor! Thank you so much for sharing this experience.

TAE –Transforming Author Experience 2018 was a success beyond expectations! I only attended four classes, including classes by Alinka Rutkowska and Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy (SARK). I was very much impressed by what the speakers shared and how they did it. Last and not least, your wonderful participation in individual presentations was very helpful to your listeners. In short, blessed writers who attended all 32 classes will never forget you. They are definitely eager to enjoy TAE 2018.
    To me, YOU ARE A WONDERFUL ANGEL IN HUMAN BODY like Alinka Rutkowska, Kim Garst, Frances Caballo, Joanna Penn, Orna Ross, Laurence O Bryan, and Ricardo Fayet. Indeed, divine helpers always enjoy transforming lives and go beyond search for money.
    Keep on shining, Wonderful Superstar!!!

Jean Baptiste Rufatabahizi, a five star romance novelist
    Author of A Flower from Kigali Garden, permafree e-book

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:15 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for sharing your comments here Jean. You are so welcome and I’m grateful that TAE has helped you.

16. Michelle Zimmer July 7, 2018 at 12:52 pm - Reply

Thank you, Christine. Thank you for putting your ALL into TAE Season 7 so that those of us who struggle with the “should-a, could-a, would-a” tendencies can see your enthusiasm and passion in the writing space. Thank you for coordinating your efforts with so many others who are willing to share their gifts and insights with the rest of us. Thank you for your willingness to be open and share your vulnerabilities with us so that we too can feel inspired and motivated to answer our own calling.

As I was reading your post, one of my all-time favorite sayings came to mind. I’d like to share it, especially for those who may not be familiar with it.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly…” Theodore Roosevelt

Christine, this is where I see you – in all of your bravery, in the arena, marred by dust and sweat and blood and yet willing to strive valiantly for the betterment of others. THANK YOU for your willingness to step into the arena and share your gifts! You are making the world a better place.

Many Blessings,

Michelle

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:15 pm - Reply

Wow Michelle! This is an amazing quote and I’m so glad you shared it here. It’s my pleasure to stand in the arena, marred by dues and sweat and blood and strive valiantly for the betterment of others. Not always easy, but always a joy!

17. Laura Brenner July 7, 2018 at 4:57 pm - Reply

Christine, I loved to read a little about how it is behind the scenes, as I constantly ask myself how you manage all that you manage! I know it is with the help of a great team, but it is all so fascinating when you consider how much work gets put into a program like this. I am currently building a lead magnet and an email funnel, and I can’t believe how much work it is to do that one thing! Every day I receive one of your emails, I think, “how has she been able to create so much content?” 😉

Two things stand out for me. The first is the concept that the energy and intention with which you approach something really does affect your experience. There was a similar amount of work this time around, but it felt more fun and more effortless to you. That’s so wonderful!

The second is this idea of success. I have spent so much time over recent years trying to redefine success for myself. When I discovered that making money and having that outward appearance of being successful still left me feeling empty, stressed, and even depressed, I knew I had to change. With that change came a lot of feelings of failure. That was part of the process of redefining success. Success became more about meaning, purpose, passion, service, and joy. When we hit these huge milestones that we think are the pinnacle of success, it means nothing if we are sacrificing our entire selves to get there.

Having quick success is an illusion, and I appreciate how you show the challenges that can come with it. I also love that you don’t encourage fast success, writing your book fast, etc… because after having my experiences (that I also wouldn’t change,) I know that fast isn’t the way I want to do it. That pressure to be fast is exactly what changes the energy and intention with which I approach these things, and I don’t like the way it makes me feel. Now that I have redefined success for myself, part of that is absolutely enjoying the process along the way. It’s great to meet others who share that belief system!

And, by the way, I’m so glad you picked up TAE again because I gained and will continue to gain great value from it at just the right time!

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:14 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for your reflections here Laura! Here’s to slow and steady (and joyful) winning the race.

• Eilat Aviram July 12, 2018 at 6:52 am - Reply

Laura and Christine thank you HUGELY for sharing your true stories and realisations about the affect ‘success’ can have. It has been a timely grounding support for me. You remind me that whatever reality I bring into being, I am the one who has to live it, experience it and take responsibility for all that comes with it. Sometimes in all the seduction of the bestseller and six-figure talk we forget to ask ourselves if all of what comes with that life and experience is what we even want.
      For over ten years I’ve had a thriving psychotherapy and energy work practice – always full, always with a waiting list. I adore my work and could cry with joy when I think of my privilege in supporting others and growing myself through it. A few years back I wrote a book and tried to have it published the traditional way. I stressed and strived and wrote a wonderful proposal and letters to agents etc.- all the time banging on the huge locked doors of the patriarchal, capitalist system longing for their approval. I received wonderful feedback on my book and credentials and was told to build a platform and come back to them. Off I went to learn what a platform even is, then valiantly tried to ‘build’ one. I collected a few hundred followers on a blog and FB page and that’s where it stopped.
      My new book I planned to self-publish, keep it small and personable, focus on my community and have fun doing it. I have felt so delighted and empowered along the way. Its been full of love. TAE blew my mind open to all the many possibilities that are available to me with it and showed me that in fact I have a business opportunity. Still felt empowered and excited. Then my name was announced as one of the upgrade winners and BOOM! The old paradigm whacked me straight back into the whirlwind of stress and fear and trying to get it right for others. What a gift.
      I wasn’t planning to write a proposal or enter the contest. Why would I? It totally whooped my ass last time AND I still have only a tiny little platform to speak of (I was busy putting things in place to have product to sell before beginning to create one now that I have learned more about how to). Now I have this opportunity to enter the writing contest so I ‘should’ take it, right? It would be crazy not to. But do I actually want it?
      What a wonderful gift this has all been to find my truth, seek it out, love myself and listen to what my heart sings to me.
      I do want to do it – because I want to have this do-over that I never would have done again without this nudge. This time, I want to write a proposal for my own learning and growth and to clarify my message for the sheer love of what I do. I want to follow my heart song step by step and see in every moment which way will bring me more joy. THIS time, it’s my Joy-Way or the Highway!
      I wonder where it will lead me 😀
      Thankyouthankyou THANK YOU!

• Christine Kloser July 12, 2018 at 5:07 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing about your journey here, and especially how this time around.. it’s my Joy-Way or the Highway! Love that!

I hope to see your proposal in the contest for what it would represent to you this time around, and because you don’t need a platform to win some amazing prizes. Happy writing!

• Eilat Aviram July 12, 2018 at 6:48 pm - Reply

Thank you Laura. I felt I wanted to put it out there in writing as a way of committing to myself. I really appreciate your sharing and reply. Wishing you a wonderful ‘slow cook’

• Eilat Aviram July 12, 2018 at 6:49 pm - Reply

Thank you Christine for that encouragement. I’m beginning to really look forward to experiencing this process. And truly thank you for keeping it real with your honest sharing. It’s very helpful to others.

• Laura Brenner July 12, 2018 at 6:28 pm - Reply

Eilat, Thank you for sharing your story! Congrats on winning that contest too! Sometimes these things come along just when we need them. I bet that your intentions for your book proposal will totally elevate the experience for you, and you’ll come out with the best possible result. 🙂

• Eilat Aviram July 12, 2018 at 6:45 pm - Reply

18. Theresa (Teri) July 7, 2018 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing your journey with us Christine! If there is one morsel of spiritual wisdom I savor, that is soul connecting with others through receiving and sharing life lessons and experiences. That connection and exchange has a divine way of bringing us together and lifting us. That is the whole point of the Transformational Author Experience isn’t it? That what we have inside us, when released and shared, will elevate us as well as those who read and receive it. Your story inspires me Christine and serves as a gentle nudge to press on. The calling never went away (true callings never do) but they do fade away sometimes amidst the loudness of everyday life. Thank you Christine for listening to your nudges and waking up mine! Love to you my friend (I feel like we are old friends, I’ve experienced TAE since 2012).

• Christine Kloser July 7, 2018 at 5:36 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing this Teri… so beautifully said. Yes, this is exactly what the whole point o TAE is. It’s great that you’ve been a part of it sine 2012! Thank you for tuning in again this year.

19. Judy Calmes Attwood July 8, 2018 at 1:42 am - Reply

Dear Christine,
    For a number of years now, I have prayed for someone to come into my life who could really help me reach my goal of writing my first book. I have taken some courses with different coaches on business and writing, and they were good but they did not take me to where I wanted to be. Of course, timing is everything and perhaps I was just not ready. As someone else said, I do not know how I got your information but it got my attention right away and I just knew that I was supposed to be part of TAE. There was never a doubt as if I was being pulled by the your energy and the energy of all involved.

Because of my schedule, I could not listen to all the presenters, but I just could not wait to hear from as many as possible. I did, of course, hear your session, and I have read what you have written here several times. I hope I can convey to you the impact you have had and continue to have on me. Your honesty and vulnerability are a powerful testimony. You see, this is what has been missing for me. Oh, I have tried at times but my life has looked amazing to most people. And, I didn’t want to disappoint by sharing some of the things that might change their opinions of me although in reality would help others. I was taught that there is the personal side to life and a professional side. You know, “we don’t air our dirty laundry” as my mother used to say. Childhood memories certainly stay with us and influence our lives.

Several years ago, I had a significant challenge which changed my life. And I thought I had a lot to write about before that! But because of what happened, it has made me realize even more that I have to write my story…the whole story. To do that I need your help, your guidance and your continued support. I need to understand that it is ok to tell it like it is because no one can tell it the way that I can.

I am so glad you are in my life…you are truly an inspiration! Thank you for everything! I look forward to the days and weeks ahead.

Judy Calmes Attwood

• Christine Kloser July 9, 2018 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Thank you so much Judy for sharing your thoughts here. I appreciate your kind words and am grateful you found TAE and are getting what you need from the trainings, and from me, to take this courageous step to share your whole story. It is in the truth of your experience that others will be most deeply touched. I too look forward to the journey ahead!

20. Ronald Howie July 10, 2018 at 6:51 am - Reply

Refreshing honesty is what I have enjoyed both in this article and TAE. There is a genuineness about you that is refreshing. The marketing of getting your book done in a weekend and build a list in 5 minutes is very tiring. In reality life is challenging and often very stressful. Christine you are one of the good guys. Thank you for doing another TAE. Knowing that there is a community of other transformational authors is encouraging as I plug away on my own projects. Moving through 5 years of a PhD in healing and nutrition, nearly 10 years to write a signature book and recovering from chronic fatigue and stress. Thanks again. Ronald xx

• Christine Kloser July 11, 2018 at 2:45 pm - Reply

You’re so welcome Ronald! I’m glad you were here for TAE and appreciate your kind words. I’m happy to be that source of genuine, refreshing honesty for author like you. Keep writing… sounds like you’re working on an amazing book.

21. Lyndsay Slocumb July 11, 2018 at 2:39 pm - Reply

Christine, what resonants with me is your journey through the TAE. The challenges it provided over the years to you, your family, and business helped you grow, and looking back you would not change it. My journey after almost losing my life in an accident with rebuilding myself, my dreams, and my independence has helped me grow and gave me experiences I would have never had otherwise. It is a path I never knew existed, living with a disability, and it is the life I was meant to have.
    Thank you for sharing, your story and your writing experiences. I cant wait to grow in my writing with all of the lovely information in TAE!

• Christine Kloser July 11, 2018 at 2:43 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing your journey here Lyndsay! You’re very welcome, and I’m grateful you’re using TAE to help you grow in your writing.

22. Suzanne Newnham July 26, 2018 at 8:37 am - Reply

Hi Christine, thanks for all your encouraging emails and for the TAE 2018 invitation. I had planned to participate but there was a death in the family, and consequently my focus was elsewhere.

I’m only now reading more fully and responding to emails going back a few months and came across your email to read your story hence the delay.
    Thank you for sharing your story above: I understand what you mean; different circumstances for me but the impact on health has also been huge. In hindsight, one could try and say “should have”, “could have”, done or not done, this or that, but… well, it’s a matter of not staying stuck, but going through and emerging with more clarity.Thank you also for sharing about the difference of intention between your first and most recent TAE – and illustrating the varying lack and then ease of the energies and intentions at those times.

I hope you don’t mind me sharing my recent happenings – my life has been hectic (family-wise); interesting (too numerous to mention); health (that’s another story – quite literally also!); and in particular, fantastic and wonderful – via what has happened due to research on my mother for the memoir that I am writing on her. In May 2017 Mamma (Patricia Evans) was inducted into the National (Australia) Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame as a pioneer in the male-dominated field of accounting from 1949 onward; and on 25th June this year, in time for the 70th anniversary of qualifying for her Federal Accountancy certificate, she has been included in the NPW ‘Herstory’ Collection for educational purposes to inspire others.

I could never have dreamed of such an outcome – I’ve always been proud of my mother, I never knew that it was meant to be tough for women, and now the world knows of her achievements!

I’m now revising her family-version memoirs, which were finished in time for her 90th birthday last December, towards publication; and, at the same time another writing project – a monthly magazine column on health and strategies in living life to the fullest regardless of limitations from chronic pain and other symptoms. Might be a story in there yet but for now the columns are a great way of putting my thoughts together. Long story, short, the invitation to write an ongoing column came about following my intentions after TAE 2015!

Best wishes always Christine for the wonderful work you do. Blessings Suzanne

• Christine Kloser August 1, 2018 at 11:13 pm - Reply

Wow Suzanne! Thank you so much for sharing what’s been happening for your recently. Sounds like you have an amazing Mamma and you are an amazing daughter!! So glad to hear TAE 2015 helped you on your journey.